Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Odd identd behavior

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 02:34:45 +0100

On 2005-11-16 Lionel Ferette wrote:
In the wise words of Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers, on Wednesday 16 November 2005 14:14:
On 2005-11-14 Levenglick, Jeff wrote:
I would not run nmap against someone else, you could find yourself
in legal trouble.

Very doubtful. I'm not aware of any law that forbids even portscans,

Belgian law does.

That's the first thing I hear. I would be very interested in details on
that law. Feel free to reply off-list, if this is considered off-topic.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Another option [for defragmentation] is to back up your important files,
erase the hard disk, then reinstall Mac OS X and your backed up files."