Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Odd Increase in Malformed Packets Aimed at Port 0

From: "Steve Porter" <crusher () naisp net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:16:27 -0400

These are happening on Windows networks, with SonicWall firewalls, but I'll see what I can cobble together to get more detailed packet info. I'm pretty sure this is indicative of some new virus/exploit or something along those lines, simply due to the sheer volume of these alerts I've been getting. They started at home, on a cablemodem system, and then slowly they began popping up at work as well, two completely unrelated networks.

When I'm able to get something along the lines of a tcpdump (or equiv), I'll post here.

Thanks,

- Steve -

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose Nazario" <jose () monkey org>