Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Decrease in Threats?

From: Andrew Simmons <asimmons () messagelabs com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:14:26 +0000

Aubs wrote:

> On 1/25/06, Rohny Jotton <rohnyjotton () hotmail com> wrote:

>> I've been trying to find any trending of threats seen worldwide, and
>> the only one I have found is at f-secure. The chart seems to support
>> what I'm seeing but I'm curious if others are seeing a decrease also.
>> [...]
>> Also if anyone knows of other sites that show historic trends, I'd
>> appreciate being given the link. I see most antivirus sites will only
>> give percentage breakdowns and not quantities seen.

 think Message Labs also have this facility messagelabs.com

Yes, we do - see the chart here:

http://www.messagelabs.com/publishedcontent/publish/threat_watch_dotcom_en/threat_statistics/virus_intercepts/DA_115628.chp.html

These stats are based on approximately 100m mails/day passing through
our infrastructure at present, although this figure was somewhat lower
back in 2003.

> Regards,
>
> Aubs

cheers