Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Possible AIM Hack?

From: "Steven" <steven () lovebug org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:49:25 -0500

Yes as I've covered in my previous e-mails anything is possible, but like I said -- a persistent and permanent problem only affected him and his account could indicate a compromise. If it was temporary then it very may well have been some other problem. For all I know it was packet loss on his network that caused it never appropriately send the password and also resulted in him being bumped off. Who knows.. but if *still* can't logon he has an account issue. AIM servers aren't the only way to authenticate your screen name. There are a number of web-based screenname.aol.com pages and other locations that this can be done at.

Steven

----- Original Message ----- From: <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>