Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Internet SSH scans

From: "Adriano Carvalho" <adriano.carvalho () urbi com br>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:24:10 -0200

SAdoor has not password. I use it in some machines that I always connect in,
and  usually has attacks from brutal force, worms...
How SSH password will be compromised if I dont have ssh service running
(supposedly, its hidden), I cant log on with root user, and I have a specific
user for each machine ?

Regards,
Adriano.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:14:26 -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks wrote
Of course, if the password is ever compromised, you'll then be left wondering
how things are getting run, because you forgot you installed it. :)

--
Adriano Carvalho.
Desenvolvedor do projeto Honeypot-BR