Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: strange http get requests in apache access logs

From: "Hagen, Eric" <hagene () DenverNewspaperAgency com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:59:15 -0600

I would take a seriously hard look at your server.  Your are showing a successful (HTTP 200) page view from a spam/porn
site in your http logs.  This is reason for concern in my opinion and I would investigate network sniffing this traffic
or otherwise determining if, in fact, your server is serving this content.   Just because you didn't put it there (and
in fact, just because you can't see it), doesn't mean it's not there.

These types of sites are known to set up on hacked or hijacked services.

Eric