Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Interesting mail sender

From: daniel <danderson310 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 03:22:19 -0500

looks like spam bot spill, foreign language caused the characters
probably, what does the header info contain? do you have any more
samples?
On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 19:42 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

In the recent days our firewall block some message which have a very
interesting mail from address.

The log message is looks like this:

Invalid SMTP command; request='MAIL', param='From:<aadorris@zfJah]+o*7Z->'

May this be an exploit or just a wrongly setup in a spammer program?

      I've been getting alot with "To: <|tuc () tucs-beachin-obx-house com>"
(Note the pipe...)

                      Tuc

ALERT: .How a Hacker Launches a SQL Injection Attack!.- White Paper
It's as simple as placing additional SQL commands into a Web Form input box
giving hackers complete access to all your backend systems! Firewalls and IDS
will not stop such attacks because SQL Injections are NOT seen as intruders.
Download this *FREE* white paper from SPI Dynamics for a complete guide to protection!

https://download.spidynamics.com/1/ad/sql.asp?Campaign_ID=70160000000Cn8E