Interesting People mailing list archives

a comment re: Comparison of Salaries in Telecom Industry from telecom.

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1993 15:58:38 -0500

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 15:48:32 EDT
From: mtam () gradient cis upenn edu (Ivan Ming Chit Tam)
Posted-Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 15:48:32 EDT
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
Subject: Re:  Comparison of Salaries in Telecom Industry from telecom.
[comments anyone .. djf]

Dave,

That's what "Decline and Fall of American Programmer" said.

Actually, even Singapore and Hong Kong's programmer's wage is too high
for that matter.

                                               -Ivan

and what does that say about Japanese and Europeon programmers. Unless
quality makes up for the wage difference, we will soon have ONLY hamberger
jobs.

Actually this raises a serious question. What jobs are left or will tarrif
and education walls come up to protect the developing countries. My bet is
yes.

djf