Interesting People mailing list archives

power of email

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 16:03:08 -0500

From: Claudio Topolcic <topolcic () CNRI Reston VA US>

Folks,
        I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet. I was watching
the NBC Evening News, you know, the world and national news, yesterday
evening. The anchor said something to the effect that "All our viewers
who have access to the Internet..." can send them mail at
"nightly () nbc com". They had apparently announced this the day before,
and they had already received 3000 messages so far. He read a nice
message from someone in Russia.
        What I found interesting is the "nbc.com". NBC is hooked up!
Good show! Anybody from NBC on this list?
        Have a good new year,
        Claudio