Interesting People mailing list archives

gigabit humor (for posterity)

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 11:10:28 -0500

Posted-Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 08:46:04 EDT
From: Dave Sincoskie <sincos () thumper bellcore com>

True story, happened yesterday.  Paul Mockapetrus was at Bellcore watching
a demonstration of Tennenhouse's Vu-net connected to a Sunshine switch
and the Aurora network.  The Vu-net physical hardware is roughly 3 large
PC-boards, sitting on a table with wires hanging all over the place.  The
Sunshine switch was sitting next to it, with even more wires hanging out.

Paul M: (standing over Vu-net peering at it) "Sure doesn't look like an
        information superhighway to me."
Bruce Davie:  "Do you want me to paint a yellow stripe down the middle?"

                                                Dave