Interesting People mailing list archives

Translations welcome

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 19:28:21 -0500

From one of our readers

This means focus on the inside not the customer.  You can send it out
without attribution if you like.

"RELATIONSHIPS.  IBM Chairman & CEO Louis Gerstner said:  "I have
reached the firm conclusion that centralization vs. decentralization
is not our most important organizational dilemma.  Rather, it is the
working relationship across our operating units."  He also merged
mainframe business with the mid-size AS/400 business, and banned some
IBM jargon. Example:  An IBM "lob", or line of business, will now be
called a "division."  (Washington Post 9/14/93)"