Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: do you still want to take part in the informal crypto group?

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 1994 07:58:47 -0500

only if it can be done on an intellectual plane ....

Bill, It will only be done on an intellectual plane as almost all of my
actions are.

Damn, I am starting to get up real uptight but I don't like to be accused
of defaming a person who I have often and strongly defended as in the
following note to Dorothy:

I have defended you often from
people attacking your position as somehow biased. I repeatedly have said
that while I disagree with your positions at times they are well thought
out and reasonable.

In the past two years of my interesting people distribution  and in the
past thirty years of my career I have NEVER attacked a collegue in public
or put anyone else up to doing it. If I had read the note as a personal
attack I would NOT have sent it out.

I will accept a verdict of making a miscall even of using bad judgement on
that note -- it happens to all of us -- even you,, but I am now rather more
than upset in that you seem to have accussed me of aiding and abetting a
personal attack of Dorothy. I did not and as I have said above I have put
down people who have tried that.

Very upset

Dave