Interesting People mailing list archives

IIA raises its head again

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 16:23:19 -0500

------- Forwarded Message

  Hello XXXX, my name is Charles Maslin.  I heard through the net that
  you are involved with XXXXXX and was wondering if you could mail me so
  information about it.  I am the Vice President of International
  Operations at IDN (International Digital Networks).  My company is
  interested in bringing internet connectivity to anyone who wants it
  and will give a free node to any nation that has no internet connectivity at
  no cost to that nation.  The only thing we ask for in return is the
  right to resell internet services in that country on an exclusive
  basis for 10 years.  The resale rates will be set by bilateral
  negotiation between IDN and the government of the country.
          The benefits to countries that don't have internet services
  are numerous.  We supply the hardware and support services and they
  pay a nominal charge for access without having to pay any long
  distance charges. For countries that already have internet
  connectivity, we will supply a node at a very competitive price.  If
  you think that XXXXXX and IDN may have some synergy please contact me.
  Thank you and be well.
                                          Charles Maslin
                                          maslin () iia org
                                          (201)928-1000 (work)