Interesting People mailing list archives

forwarded without comment -- anonymity requested from an IPer

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 13:13:16 -0500

I got a few calls this morning from various very reliable sources who have
been reading your missives, telling me that the RBOCs are heavily lobbying
the hospitals and schools saying if they support regulating the Internet as
a common carrier, then the telephone company will wire up their buildings
cheap, and give them deep discounts on telephone and Internet service,
which they are forbidden to do today (they say). Sounds great to a
hard-pressed hospital administrator who knows nothing about telecom. Some
of our best friends think its a real deal.