Interesting People mailing list archives

definitely, let's put it in some context [ this is the last I

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 07:41:18 -0500

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 23:37:09 -0500
To: farber () central cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: rjs () farnsworth mit edu (Richard Jay Solomon)

Putting it in some context:

From: rick () cra org (Rick Weingarten)
Subject: Re: the implications of Republican control of the Congress

The Republican Contract has to be put in some context.

Senator Gramm has said clearly, for instance, that his main target for cuts
is welfare.

That's 1 percent of the annual Federal budget. A tithe is a tenth. 0.01 is
smaller than 0.10. Did all the kids who had trouble with decimal points in
the 3d grade go on to become lawyers?

of NIST for example. Their reactions to HPCC will, in some sense depend on

That's 0.3 percent of the annual federal budget. And, besides it's the Dems
who said that Newt wants to eliminate HPCC; Newt didn't specifically target
this program.

When do we get some useful signal-to-noise ratios?

Richard Solomon

and