Interesting People mailing list archives

ATT are they for real?

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 01:20:58 -0400

Seems I made an error in believing ATT again. I bought a ATT 6650 Digital
Cellular phone. ATT talked in their literature about their satisfaction
programs etc. WELL!!. The antenna , a rather poorly designed part, failed
due to fatigue after 2 weeks. The unit does not work as well with a broken
antenna so I called the store that I bought it from who said the only way I
could get a replacement was by calling ATT. GG called and they were very
nice except they said it would take two weeks to send a replacement.

No locally stocked spares; no express delivery; no dealer stock. That aint
the old ATT. Guess I will wait two weeks and next time buy a Motorola!!!

Dave