Interesting People mailing list archives

Stanford-Japan Videobridge LIVE

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:47:37 -0400

PThe following will be broadcasted on CU-SEEME live this Wednesday,
4/26/95 at 6PM-8:15PM PST (10AM-12:15PM Japan Thursday). It will
be available on 36.4.0.111

An agenda follows...please note that for two of the presentations,
our broadcast will be temporarily halted as the speakers require
a quick connection to the net (we are only using one machine for this.)

Please join us if you have a chance!!!

              The US-Japan Technology Management Center
                               presents

                   a LIVE VIDEO-BRIDGE WITH JAPAN!

               Wednesday 4/26  5:30-6pm refreshments outside
                                6pm-8pm video bridge
                          102 Thornton Hall
                      (directly West of Terman)

In this live two-way video bridge with the TEPIA convention center in
Tokyo, Japan, we will get a pre-opening view of the multimedia
exhibition which doesn't open publicly until the next day.

6:00  MC in Japan:  Miss Kuniko Yamashita
         Opening message from President Shigeru Harada
         Greeting from  MITI, Mr. Hideo Morimoto
      MC at Stanford: Mr. Richard Dasher
         Opening message from Dean Dwain Fullerton
         Greeting from Dr. Masahiro Kawahata
         Greeting from Professor Joseph Goodman
      Presentations from Stanford
         Dr. Harry Saal - Smart Valley
         Dr. William Wong - CommerceNet (5 min. blackout on CUSEEME)
         Mr. Burt Lee - Japan Window (10 min. blackout on CUSEEME)
7:05  Introduction of exhibition hall and exhibitions from TEPIA
         1.  TEO - Another Earth
             Presented by Mr. Atsushi Yagi from Fujitsu, Ltd.
         2.  Video on Demand
             Presented by Mr. Hideki Sakamoto from NTT
         3.  Hi-Vision Interactive Images
             Presented by Mr. Toshiyuki Takarada,NHK Enterprises
         4.  Virtual Skiing
             Presented by Mr. Kunihiro Nakagawa from NEC
         5.  Automated Building Construction System
             Presented by Mr. Yoshihiro Ichioka from Obayashi Corp.
7:30  MC in Japan
         Discussion (Q&A session; 2-way video, 2-way audio
8:15  End

--
Michael Bayle
US-Japan Technology Management Center

PHONE: (415) 725-9966           FAX:   (415) 723-4659
bayle () fuji stanford edu         http://fuji.stanford.edu
Please check out Japan Window@  http://jw.stanford.edu