Interesting People mailing list archives

New Internet Society Committee on Societal Impacts

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 12:34:15 -0400

At the Inet 95 ISOC Board meeting, the Committee on
Societal Impacts was established and I was appointed to
chair the Committee.

The initial function of the Committee is to act as a focus
for the distribution of information, documentation and
experiences, on an international basis, of the impact of
the Internet on laws, people and societies. As many nations
experience the impact of networking on their cultures, the
sharing of other's experiences may help in managing the
impact.

Also the ISOC SIC will act as a neutral agent in gathering
together the various national and international groups with
activities in this area.

If you would like to help, please send me a note.

Dave

Trustee of the ISOC and Chair of the ISOC SIC