Interesting People mailing list archives

Hello from Tokyo

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 19:36:35 +0900

I am sorry that I have missed my final meeting of the CSTB as a member. I
have served 10 years on the BOTCAP and CSTB (which may be a record for the
NRC). I have enjoyed every minute of it and will look forward to continuing
to market for it.

I hope you invite me back to the next meeting for my farewell talk. Tokyo
is well worthwhile spending time in. The two months have changed many of my
perceptions -- some positively and many negatively. For those of you who
get my Tokyo Diary reports (critics ahave rved over it) via Interesting
People you will understand that comment. For the others who would like to
hear more I would be happy to send them the series (or even put them on
IP).

Sayonara

Dave

David Farber
Alfred S. Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunications Systems
University of Pennsylvania

Sabbatic Phase 2

from 1 May till 25 June

Visiting Professor at the University of Tokyo and
Senior Telecommunications Advancement Research Fellow of
the Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan

addresses

Apartment:

The International Lodge
University of Tokyo
Apartment C-316
4-6-41  Shirogane-dai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108

Tel: + 81 3-3449-9683  [Has answering set]
Fax: + 81 3-3442-9463
Cel: + 81 30-810-2309

Office in Nacsis:

The National Center for Science Information Systems (NACSIS)
(Monbusho-Gakujutsu-Joho Center, in Japanese)
3-29-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112
Tel: + 81 3-3942-6966
Fax: + 81 3-5395-7064

After 2 July 1995