Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Wall Street Journal Internet Directory

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:28:08 -0400

[ btw it is http://www.wsj.com

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 07:29:21 -0700 (EDT)
From: Richard Stiennon <richard () Fe3 rust net>

Well, the Wall Street Journal published its third special
advertising section yesterday called The Internet Directory.

The first one was less then a page. The second one was a two
pages. Thursday's issue was three pages.

Based on Internet growth
statistics I estimate that it will be up to 48 pages in 20 months!
<g>

BTW. I checked the prices. To have a 2X2 inch add appear in this section
costs $2,000. "And, we put your Web Address on our special advertiser's
Home Page on the Internet for TWO MONTHS!"  What a deal!

Richard Stiennon                       Voice (810)642-2276
President, RustNet(tm)                 Fax   (810)642-3676
Bloomfield, Michigan                   email info () rust net
http://www.rust.net/~richard              richard () rust net