Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: from SPIEGEL -- re netscape

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 12:16:27 -0500

SPIEGEL in-depth interview with the founder of Netscape, James H. Clark,
about "We want to become the most important software producer in the
multi-media world and in data communications. And our chances of succeeding
are not bad. ... In one or two years at the latest, Internet will be a
billion-dollar market. ... Internet currently is only a primitive
preliminary stage of the future information highway. When traffic gets
heavier, the present dirt track will be tarred, and later it will become a
freeway."