Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: : Jon Postel and Sunday Morning

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 16:35:58 -0500

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 16:13:41 -0500
From: Dave Sincoskie <sincos () bellcore com>
To: farber () dsl cis upenn edu

Folks,
     I don't know if any of the rest of you are fans of CBS News Sunday
Morning program (hosted by Charles Kuralt for many years), but I am.
Each year, on the last program of the year, they have a segment
dedicated to remembering people who have influenced our lives who died
during the previous year.  About 50 people are mentioned, most of whom
are in the entertainment or arts fields, but a few inventors are
mentioned.  Jon Postel made the list this year, as a man who contributed
to the establishment of the Internet.  It was a memorable tribute to
him.
                                        Dave