Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: cannot miss by Coke

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 17:25:56 -0400

    SAN FRANCISCO (Wired) - "If I taught a class," says  financial wizard
Warren Buffett, "on my final exam I would take  an Internet company and ask
'How much is this company worth?'  Anyone who would answer, I would flunk."
Buffet says he admires  Bill Gates, but doesn't invest in Microsoft or other
high tech  firms. It isn't a vote of no confidence in things Internet, but
Buffet's lack of knowledge of things technical. He knows he'll  make money
investing in Coca-Cola and Disney, so he sticks with  them. For Buffet, the
blue chips he knows are no-brainer  investments.