Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: editorial comment -- I am beginning to understand the problem of journalists

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:15:49 -0400

Lets see:

I say nice things about ICANN/Evolution/even MS and I get a series of
notes saying I am not behaving responsibly and should use my
editorial power to put things "right" (in the eyes of the writer Cat 1

I say bad things and I get notes pleading for me to be constructive
not destructive. Cat 2

I present all sides of a complicated issue with the hopefully valid
assumption that IP readers are mature enough to sort right from wrong
and everyone in Category 1 and 2 yell at me and accuse me of leading
the readers wrong.

I intend to assume that IP readers are intelligent and will present
as well as I can all responsible sides to an issue. Why I even intend
to say nice things re MS if I see them :-)

Dave