Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: More on Continent isolated?

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 06:22:38 -0500

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:43:36 +0100 (MET)
From: Frode Greisen <Frode.Greisen () ebone net>
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>

Dave,

This seems greatly exaggerated ! While I think what MIDS does is very
useful they still cannot conclude from their measurements the
connectivity of the Internet on an entire continent.

Ebone statistics showed no significant dip in volumes so we conclude that
most of the traffic across the Atlantic and across the English Channel was
transmitted as normal.

Frode
NB!! New address, phone and fax from 22 December 1998:

Frode Greisen                                      phone: +45 3915 0828
Ebone Inc.                                        mobile: +45 2083 7376
Lyngbyvej 28, 1st floor                              fax: +45 3915 0810
DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark             e-mail: frode.greisen () ebone net