Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: SAIC's New Magazine - iMP

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:15:07 -0500

It looks rather good and it is free. djf

From: "Jeff Cooper" <JEFFREY.COOPER () cpmx saic com>

                     Subject:                              Time:  7:23 AM
 OFFICE MEMO         Our New Magazine - iMP                Date:  3/24/99

Welcome to the inaugural issue of iMP: The Magazine on Information Impacts,
which is published on the web by the Center for Information Strategy and
Policy (CISP) of Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC).  You
can find the magazine at:

http://www.cisp.org/

This is the only mass mailing that we will do.  If you wish to continue to
receive notices of each new release, we ask that you subscribe at the web
site.  We apologize for any cross-postings or multiple mailings that you may
have received.

iMP looks at issues at the nexus between the implications of the advanced
information technologies and policy.  Our goal is to surface issues for
discussion rather to offer solutions.  In our first issue, we consider the
role of public funding for basic research.  Our contributors include:

Charles M. Herzfeld, "The ARPA Way:  Managing Research in the Next Century"
Erich Bloch and Jerry Sheehan, "Federal IT Funding:  Creating an
Infrastructure, Growing an Industry"
Peter J. Denning, "Our Seed Corn is Growing in the Commons"
Robert M. Metcalfe, "Who Will Set Research Priorities?"
Alex Roland, "Faith and Reason"
Irving Wladawsky-Berger, "Funding the Future"

In addition, we offer you updates of actions on Capitol Hill; news compiled
by ITAA; pointers to sites on the web with information on funding, Y2K,
intellectual property, and education; and a calendar of upcoming events.

iMP is made available free-of-charge.  Joining our subscription list only
provides you with notices of new iMP releases (10 per year).  Information
provided to us will neither be given nor sold for use by any third parties.
We encourage you to review our terms and conditions statement, which
includes our policy on privacy.

iMP is a work in progress, a voyage of discovery.  We hope that you will
read it, share it with your friends, and tell us what you think.

Amy Friedlander
Editor, iMP Magazine

Jeff Cooper
Publisher, iMP