Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Now it becomes clear --- Microsoft does it yet again

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:19:20 -0500

This note explains a lot. Several Ipers have said they did not run into
registration actions . It seems MS is experimenting with the academic --
EDUCATIONAL world -- guess we are third world. This is at the same time
that MS is trying to "give" software to Universities so that they will be
used by students in class etc instead of that UNIX word. and thus get
"addicted" MS products / Well they are adicting them to getting use to
paying and paying for the software.

Hmm sounds like a DRUG PUSHER.

Annoyed and puzzeled

Dave