Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Oh well Vax in a suitcase -- maybe a reporting error or does the NYT know something I dont know :-)

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:02:47 -0500

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:01:57 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: gaj () portman com (Gordon Jacobson)
Subject: Re: IP: Vax in a suitcase -- maybe a reporting error or does
  the NYT know something I dont know :-)

Its a report from the "On This Day in History" column.  Usually
quotes the paper from time frames as long back as 50 years.  I
didn't bother to check when the above quote was ref'd to, but it
would appear that we are talking about the period during which the
Marine Barrks in Beiruit where blown up and from the Grenada
invasion.

GAJ