Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: REALITY RESET "Love Thy Missiles"

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:59:50 -0500

Guess it is time for CPSR and others to get out the old arguments against
Star Wars and dust them off. I started my professional carrier in ABM work
(a rotational) (with a basic patent) and it was hard then ; it is very very
hard now and as far as I can tell the opponent has the clear edge. If it is
accidental launch you are worried about then work out a secure destruct
system during  climb phase . These have been proposed and are feasible. If
it intentional , hope for a very silly opposition and then maybe it will work.

Anyway have fun with Laurens.

Dave