Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Bakers note

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:22:10 -0500

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin, ~1784
[FROM YOUR EDITOR  from a very senior member of the community with a record
of major accomplishments re the note from"Baker, Stewart"
<SBaker () steptoe com> As you can see from the header of this message I agree
with him.

Now what can be done to preserve our liberty and also to protect. Maybe the
DOJ should re-examine its attitude toward STRONG encryption  and do it fast
-- djf]

"This is absolulely rediculous.  Let me paraphrase what he just said:  "Lets
give up our freedom so that the idiots who cannot properly hand the future
can still survive it".  Bullshit. "