Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: re FTC Committee

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:18:38 -0500

As I said to Paul, the author of that note did the sniping NOT me djf

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:12:05 -0800
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman () imc org>

Is this kind of sniping really fair? I see many names I recognize as
privacy advocates on the list (Deirdre Mulligan, Deborah Pierce, Andrew
Shen, Richard Smith, Frank C. Torres), and I bet there are others I don't
know. Yes, the list is stacked with representatives from companies who
want to not get nailed on privacy issues, but saying the whole list is bad
is completely unfair to the privacy advocates there.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium