Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Back the boat up Dave, I think we just hit something: Good Morning Silicon Valley Tue Nov 21 12:00:11 EST 2000

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:05:35 -0500

Back the boat up Dave, I think we just hit somethingÂ… Australia's largest
international Internet cable was
<http://www.it.fairfax.com.au/breaking/20001121/A25-2000Nov21.html>severed
Monday, partially disrupting Internet traffic in Singapore, Indonesia and
Australia. The cable, carries about 60 percent of Australian ISP Telstra's
international Web traffic. While Telstra has since managed to
<http://www0.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/breaking/merc/docs/026478.htm>redirect
most of its Internet traffic to another undersea cable, bringing its
Internet services back to around 75 percent of capacity, its not yet been
able to determine how long it will take for Internet traffic across the
cable to return to normal.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/