Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: First reactions to the Apple iPod

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 23:19:37 -0500

 -- GREAT!!

Today I did my first trip with the iPod. For those who don't know it, it is a very compact music player with a very slim 5 gig hard drive. About 10 hrs per charge.

Very good control;, display, and sound. Best of all it is firewire connected to the laptop (right now only Apple but soon) (I have a new PB G4. You insert CDs in the Apple and convert them to MP3 (supports other formats also) and thenwhen you plug in the iPod it synchs up. No pain, thinking -- just works.

if you have a firewire mac BUY ONE. If you have a pc, get ready

Dave

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/