Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Verizon and the Northpoint shutdown

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:14:04 -0500

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:17:06 -0500 (EST)
From: "Christopher K. Davis" <ckd () genome wi mit edu>
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Verizon and the Northpoint shutdown

Well, Verizon may not be shutting down the Northpoint xDSL lines to their
subscribers (my DSL router still gets sync) but that doesn't help if someone
(possibly but not necessarily Verizon) cuts off the links between the DSLAMs
and the rest of the world.

The March 30 mail you sent to IP didn't stop my Northpoint line from going
effectively dead at 6:40pm EST on March 29.

This is sent from my work email, since my home net is still offline.

As for "efficient migration paths", I'll believe it when my Covad replacement
line is up and pinging--no sooner.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/