Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Great movie - STARTUP.COM

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:06:43 -0400

Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:03:50 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Subject: Great movie - STARTUP.COM

Dave - I thought this documentary really hit the mark on the personal side
of starting an Internet company and the "bubble" ... IPers might enjoy it...

STARTUP.COM / *** (Not rated)

BY ROGER EBERT
It seemed like a great idea at the time. They'd build a place online
where people could go to pay their parking tickets. "Startup.com" tells
the story of two longtime friends who go into business together, create a
Web site, raise millions, and at one point are worth $12 million--apiece,
I think, but it makes no difference, since by the end of their adventure
they have lost everything.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/start25f.html

- David
WWW Page: http://www.reed.com/dpr.html