Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: An editorial comment

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:55:10 -0400

I feel obliged to make a reply to this note that is attached. I have tried to inform. I have tried to point out via mailings information that lets us understand what past mistakes we have made that have created the situation we are now in. I am perfectly happy to place the blame/credit on anyone -- left or right (rather obsolete terms in todays politics) , libertarian or conservative, Bush or Clinton ... I try to send you material from outside the USA press which has tended to be of one mind with what the rest of the world's press believes whether or not it feels good to Americans (btw many IPers are not USAers)

I forward what I believe is well spoken positions and leave it to you, the readers, to read with skepticism and to weed out fact from fiction. I try very hard to not bias my mailings with my personal views which are complicated and changeable. I must admit to one bias and that is not to give a victory to those who threaten us by giving up our liberties and the liberties of others under the guise of protecting us. We as a nation have almost done that several times in our past and have pulled back from the brink.

Dave

ps again I welcome reasoned positions from all viewpoints -- send them