Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on Oil, Afghanistan and America's pipe dream -- note this comes from Par...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:46:56 -0400

From: GLIGOR1 () aol com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:02:03 EDT
Subject: Re: IP: Oil, Afghanistan and America's pipe dream -- note this comes from Par...
To: farber () cis upenn edu

In a message dated 10/25/2001 9:08:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dave () farber net writes:

>Dave - I thought you and the IPers might enjoy a current Pakistani
>perspective on America's interests and goals beyond halting terrorism
>based in Afghanistan.  It certainly might explain why Cheney is remaining
>invisible.
>
> >From Dawn - The Internet Version (Pakistani newspaper)

First of all, George Monbiot is a long-time columnist for the Guardian newspaper out of London. So there is no Pakistani perspective to be had here; let's be clear about this. Cheney is remaining invisible because he is in some top secret location in case something happens to President Bush. That's how our laws work when our country (the USA) is at risk; conspiracy theories to the contrary are hardly helpful. Finally, for those of you who read the full article closely, you will recall that it made reference to a Corridor 8 pipeline project through the Balkans. I have been intimately involved with this project since its inception. Let me state that contrary to the article, it is a crude oil pipeline. It is very dangerous (if not impossible) to have a pipeline carrying both oil and gas as the article states. If anyone on IP wishes to follow Caspian Sea/Black Sea Oil/Gas news on a semi-regular basis, please contact me and I will add you to my news distribution list.

Gligor Tashkovich
Executive Vice President
AMBO Trans-Balkan Oil Pipeline Project

For archives see: