Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Fwd: Bush is walking into a trap

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:41:17 -0400

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:14:04 -0400
From: "Dorothy E. Denning" <denning () cs georgetown edu>

http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=94254

17 September 2001 10:11 GMT+1

Robert Fisk: Bush is walking into a trap

16 September 2001, The Independent

Retaliation is a trap. In a world that was supposed to have learnt that the rule
of law comes above revenge, President Bush appears to be heading for the very
disaster that Osama bin Laden has laid down for him. Let us have no doubts about
what happened in New York and Washington last week. It was a crime against
humanity. We cannot understand America’s need to retaliate unless we accept this bleak, awesome fact. But this crime was perpetrated ­ it becomes ever clearer ­
to provoke the United States into just the blind, arrogant punch that the US
military is preparing.

<snip>

--
Prof. Dorothy E. Denning