Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: air travel

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:37:00 -0400

Maybe a good explanation of the drop off in air travel is the following factoids:

1. Many companies are getting advice from the FBI etc to postpone all international travel. That impacts domestic travel in the feeder routes.

2. Many many meetings have been called off due to important participants from abroad not being willing to fly to the USA. I suspect they are getting the same advise from their security people.

3. If Mom/Dad are not traveling for security reasons for business trips they and their colleagues are not going to be prone to travel for recreation till things normalize.

4. The thought of being away from home during times when things could get hot fast bothers a lot of people. I know I would be worried if I were traveling and GG were home alone. It may be illogical but real.

Dave

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/