Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: AMEX opt-out program

From: David Farber <dfarber () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:23:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kristoff <jtk () depaul edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:21:45
To: dave () farber net
Subject: AMEX opt-out program

American Express recently sent out notice along with a recent statement
that includes information about opting out of information being
disclosed to third parties and for marketing purposes.  The following
selections can be individually selected by the consumer for opt-out:

  Do not disclose Cardmember Information to other companies for the
purpose of sending me offers for their products and services.

  Do not send me offers in the mail for American Express products and
services.

  Do not contact me by telephone to offer me products and services.

  Do not share credit-related information about me with your affiliates.

The opt-out procedure is either via mail in or by phone.  Phone is
800-297-8378.  Have your card number ready and pay attention to all of
the prompts.

John

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/