Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Big Leap Forward in Hotel Connectivity

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 04:53:11 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: jspira () basex com
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 02:29:37 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Big Leap Forward in Hotel Connectivity

Dave, hello and good Sunday from Japan

Given the problems most international road  (sky?) warriors have with
connecting their laptops, I was surprised to find a hotel in Kyoto that has
Ethernet connections readily available - at no extra charge.

I am at the Hearton Hotel Kyoto, a very modern, pleasant hotel on
Higashinotoin, north of Oike, in the midst of Kyoto.  It's only a two minute
walk from the Karasumaoike underground station.

The URL for Hearton is http://www.hearton.co.jp; or you can reach them at
+81 (75) 222-1300 or fax +81 (75) 22-1313.  The English Web site is not
always up but the URL is http://www.hearton.co.jp/kyoenglish.htm

Highly recommended.

Regards from the Gion Matsuri (Festival)
(http://www.nauticom.net/users/ata/gionmatsuri.html)

/s/ Jonathan

Jonathan B. Spira
Chairman and Chief Analyst