Interesting People mailing list archives

caution on Spam legislation from CDT

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:54:08 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner () w3 org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:47:17 -0400
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: [For IP] caution on Spam legislation from CDT

Hi Dave,

Here's an interesting note of caution from CDT on spam legislation -
pointing out the difficulties lying just below the apparent consensus
over the need for federal spam legislation.

    http://www.cdt.org/publications/030616legaltimes.pdf

Jerry and Paula agree that the time has come for federal legislation,
but warn of risks to free expression.

I'm not sure that I agree with all of the points here, but it's
certainly worth a read.

Best,

Danny

--
Daniel J. Weitzner                              +1.617.253.8036 (MIT)
World Wide Web Consortium                       +1.202.364.4750 (DC)

------ End of Forwarded Message