Interesting People mailing list archives

Saturday's Anti War protest in New York received little coverage

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:33:09 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Ronda Hauben <ronda () panix com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:24:50 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Ronda Hauben <ronda () panix com>
Subject: Saturday's Anti War protest in New York received little coverage

Dear Dave

Saturday's march in New York City against the bombing of Iraq was
important. Yet there was not much coverage.

A short article is in Telepolis.

I have a longer article if anyone is interested.

They can write me at ronda () panix com

Here is the url of the short article

Giant Protest March in New York City Condemns the U.S. government Attack
on Iraq

"Our grief is not a cry for war", one sign proclaimed. "New York City is
not for war", another protester explained. These were but two of the sea
of homemade signs and people that filled the streets of New York City on
Saturday, March 22, 2003. Protesters stretched at least two miles across
Broadway, marching from 42nd Street to Washington Square Park.

http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/co/14450/1.html

------ End of Forwarded Message