Interesting People mailing list archives

Sign of the time .. Johnson School offers private jet transport to Cornell

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:42:40 -0500

Sign of the times ... Cornell's Johnson School of Management is offering
free corporate jets to charter people to interview Cornell MBA students.

From: <JustAboutJobs () johnson cornell edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:11:27 -0500 (EST)
To: eef4 () cornell edu
Subject: Johnson School offers private jet transport to Cornell

Dear Cornell Alumni,

I write to ask you to consider participating in a unique opportunity that
S.C. Johnson has provided to the Johnson School at Cornell. We will hold a
Just about Jobs event on the Ithaca campus on March 28th.  Recruiters from
Boston, Chicago, and New York will be transported to Ithaca at no charge on
S.C. Johnson corporate jets. All planes will make a one day round trip. The
day's activities for Just About Jobs include interviewing students
one-on-one as well as a reception that will allow you to meet additional
Johnson School students.

The only criteria for participation are that you have MBA job opportunities
(either an internship or full-time job) and that you are willing to
interview our MBA students. Our Career Management Center is planning the
event and will contact you about prescreening resumes so that you can
select students that meet your requirements.

These are challenging times for job seekers. We have very talented MBA
students and hope that you can come to Ithaca on March 28th  to interview
them.  Please contact Karin Ash, Director of the Career Management Center
or Kim Alexander, Project Manager, at JAJ () johnson cornell edu

If you would like to post jobs for undergraduates you may contact Demetra
Dentes in the University Career Services Office at dd21 () cornell edu.  If
you do not wish to receive emails of this type, please send a message to
JAJ () johnson cornell edu and we will promptly remove you from the list.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you most sincerely for your
support and encouragement.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Swieringa, Dean
Johnson School, Cornell University