Interesting People mailing list archives

more on -- Streisand versus Coastal Photo Effort

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:44:39 -0400

Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:49:09 -0400
From: "Howard Butcher, IV" <hbiv () netreach net>

Reminds me of the time she allegedly called the Marines to complain about
noisy jets flying by Beaufort, SC when she was trying to sleep in during the
filming of Prince of Tides.  When the marine on the other end of the phone
line seemed unimpressed by her request she pulled a "Don't you know who I
am?" routine and then explained who and how important she was.  According to
folks in Beaufort who told me the story the flights then changed and
occurred even earlier in the mornings for a while.

I have inspected the picture and it certainly isn't a close-up. Nor would it
give much aid and comfort to would be burglars because there is no way of
knowing which room would be where in the very large structure.  Not at all
like the time the Philadelphia Magazine published detailed and close-up
aerial shots of a number of Main Line Philadelphia mansions, such as Jack
Durance's for example, which would have been very helpful to burglars,
kidnappers and the like.

H.