Interesting People mailing list archives

Evil VeriSign, patch included

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:24:51 -0400

For the life of me I cannot figure out what to say in a message to teh. djf

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:18:22 -0400
From: Stephen Colson <stephen.colson () westpole com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Evil VeriSign, patch included
To: dave () farber net

Dave,

For IP if you wish:

I just got off of the phone with a VeriSign rep. After voicing my concern
around their new abomination and asking to be excluded (following the
suggestion of Jason Garman and not agreeing with the TOS), the rep gave me an
email address to contact. I was told that if they are going to be excluding
people from this service, this is the only way they will go about it for now.
What remains to be seen is if they will exclude any IP upon request.

The email address: sitefinder () verisign-grs com

I encourage all of you to contact your ISP and VeriSign to express your
contempt for this dis-service.

-s