Interesting People mailing list archives

more on YOU CANNOT EXCLUDE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:18:23 -0400

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:31:11 -0400
From: Stephen Colson <stephen.colson () westpole com>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on YOU CANNOT EXCLUDE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!
To: dave () farber net

After telling the lady on the phone that I spoke with that I did not agree
with the TOS and thus could not use their service (also telling her that
because of this and other reasons, I wanted a range of static IP's to not go
to this service. I was told (as near as I can remember) to email the address
previously included; that that is who all coorispondance was to be directed
to, and they were the only ones capable of doing anything.

I suppose it's more likely that they (the support folks) are told to ignore
everything you say once you mention the magic word "sitefinder" and refer you
to that email address.

Maybe if enough people send discourging emails, they will get the point. Then
again with a stunt like this, maybe not...

If they don't care to stop their forced service individually or as a whole, I
wonder if ICANN will be responsive?

-s