Interesting People mailing list archives

a reasonable piece on Voting Machine Manipulation

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:28:50 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Peter Jones <peter () poetics org>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:44:51 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: Voting Machine Manipulation

Dave -

The recent link to Global Research regarding the Rep. Feeney
manipulation of voting machine software includes a lot of other issues
many feel are extraneous to the real issue of vote fraud, such as that
being investigated in Ohio. In other words, many legal researchers I'm
working with in Ohio consider the Wayne Madsen stories to be a little
conspiratorial, with the issues of investigator murder being linked with
Jeb Bush an the shadowy Yang corporation.

However, there is much in the core of this story that persists in the
current investigations being done by  the Green Party and now Kerry
attorneys. The ex-Yang programmer, Clint Curtis, testified under oath to
the Rep. Conyers hearings on vote fraud in Columbus on Dec 13th, and
video of his stunning testimony is available at the excellent blogsite
of NY attorney Ray Beckerman: http://fairnessbybeckerman.blogspot.com/

http://fairnessbybeckerman.blogspot.com/2004/12/testimony-from-columbus-
ohio-hearing.html

A somewhat more incendiary (but accurate) blog also devoted to 2004 vote
fraud is Joseph Cannon's http://cannonfire.blogspot.com

The Xenia (Ohio) small company Triad has been in the news as much or
more than even Clint Curtis, since they affect Ohio (and Curtis was a
Florida situation which nobody seems to be watching except Bev Harris).
Triad has seemingly free access to their late-1980's technology
proprietary card tabulating machines in (I believe the number is) 47 of
88 counties. I personally observed the president of Triad handle the
vote recount in Greene County as a Kerry-designated observer. The
stories cited on Bleckerman's site and on other legitimate (yet
alternative) news sites are indeed true. In these Ohio counties, the
precincts selected for recount were not random, they were preselected
and then hand-counted with plenty of time to have fixed the machine
result with Triad's assistance. While we did not observe the "actual"
fixing in Greene County, the fact that most of the recount preselected
the precincts for observation indicates the easy possibility for
collusion. We found in all counties a total disregard for all of Senator
Kerry's (14) requests for the recount procedure to be conducted fairly -
including the random selection of the 3% of precincts as required by
statute and one precinct chosen by each of the candidates, as requested.
But worse, the "normal" recount procedures observed by these Boards of
Election were also plainly in violation of Ohio statute, although quite
subtle, still just wrong when you read the Code. I do not claim that any
of these Board members were doing anything illegal as such though,
instead I'm afraid these were the actions of a typical self-protecting
bureaucracy that truly believes that they, and not the people, own the
procedures for voting. We were treated like pesky visitors that had
little right to make their jobs harder. And, at the scale of a state or
several states, that may be enough to block free elections.

Wish us well in continuing investigations into 2005, Peter Jones

------ End of Forwarded Message