Interesting People mailing list archives

more on National Constitution Center Reponse Re Ban on Photography

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:46:21 -0500

I wonder if it is forbidden to remember what the art looked like, djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Olan, Michael" <Michael.Olan () stockton edu>
Date: December 6, 2004 10:34:13 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] National Constitution Center Reponse Re Ban on Photography

Ban on Everything???

On Sunday, November 28, 2004 at approximately 12:30pm I was in the
Philly Art Museum with several friends. We were in the African Art
exhibit, and one of my friends was sketching with pencil and paper. She
was scolded by a guard who told her that "sketching was not allowed".
What? You can't make a sketch in an art museum? Explain that one for me!

--
Michael Olan
Associate Professor of Computer Science