Interesting People mailing list archives

SCAM!!!!! Your account information has been stolen

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:33:34 -0500

***************  SCAM SCAM SCAM ****************************

Why does AOL tolerate this stuff? Why does DOJ tolerate this?

Dave

***************  SCAM SCAM SCAM ****************************

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:42:37 -0800
From: SectionHead109b () aol com
Subject: Your account information has been stolen
To: farber () central cis upenn edu

Dear Aol member,

We regret to inform you that there was a recent attack by
a hacker on your billing or password information.

We have made a contract with SYI - Secure Your Information
to upgrade our account databases on to their web servers.

Please <a href='www.syidataXncryption.com'>Click Here</a> and fill out the
information requested.
 [ I removed a "e" and put in an "X" for sfatety  Dave ]

Failure to do so could cause your AOL account to be
suspended until further notice.

If you comply to this email and upgrade your account
information on this site, you will receive 100 hours
of free AOL time.

If this is a child or teenager reading this email please
notify your parents or the account holder to update the
account information.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have received this email before and have already
submitted your information on our secure servers, you may
have done so in error.

Please re-submit your information so we can provide you
with the best security the internet has to offer.

Please do not reply back. Go directly to our site.

Section Head 109
America Online Billing Department
Main Office
7897 Hugher St.